Thank God the spring is officially here and we can have fun during the day off outdoors. It’s the perfect time to walk down the streets and wear something comfortable, chic, classy and stylish.
The loafers were initially made in the ‘30 to be a man’s shoe and because they were also worn by men and women, then was launched feminine version which copied the original. Traditionally these shoes were worn only by men as casual and business footwear. In recent years, the style has been revamped and worn by women. As the shoe was redesigned for women, more and more styles became available.
Designers as Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Balenciaga, Prada, Saint Laurent, introduced loafers in their runway shows and soon they became a must-have.
How to wear a pair of loafers? Here’s five easy steps:
1. Loafers With Office Wear- they are a comfortable alternative to other types of shoes typically worn by women at work, for example mix them with a suit.
2. Loafers With Casual Wear-with skirts, jeans, shorts, printed dresses, maxi skirts
3. Loafers With Trousers- mix them with skinny jeans, flared pants or a tuxedo
4. Loafers with Masculine Elements – like a blazer or a hat
5. Loafers With Dresses- this is the simplest way to mix them. Put on you a simple dress, take your favorite pair of loafers, a chic printed clutch and you are ready to go.
By the way, have you seen the movie “ Funny Face” yet? Did you notice that in the whole movie Audrey Hepburn wore a pair of loafers? If she was and she was a fashion icon, you must try them too.
As you have already noticed, most of them have quite masculine look, but what we really love about these shoes. Anyway, let’s have a look at these bright ideas, which will make you stand out from the crowd.
Don’t you have a pair yet?
Image source:lookastic.com, garancedore.fr, harpersbazaar.com, lookbook.nu, adoreness.com, pinterest.com